Do you love cutting edge technology, solving problems and maintaining hosting environments? If you’re passionate about servers, cloud and helping customers in the fast moving industry that we call hosting, then we may have the perfect role for you at UKFast!
What will my responsibilities be?
- Assisting with and maintaining customer solutions
- Helping with server setup, configuration and support
- Advising with client issues
- Aiding with research and development
- As well as having fun working alongside some of the best engineers in the industry
What skills do I need to have?
The following knowledge level and skills would be beneficial for this role but are not required. We pride ourselves on having the best technical team that have an incredible focus on training and development - we even have five full time teachers that assist with training to ensure teams have the resources needed to progress.
- Experience building, installing, maintaining and supporting Windows 2008/2012 servers
- Familiar with what some programming languages are such ASP, PHP, HTML
- Qualification/certification to MTA/MCTS/MCSA level is ideal
- Experience or knowledge of Windows server technologies
- Experience or knowledge of networking
- Excellent customer service skills with working experience
Any experience in, or tinkering with - installing, configuring and supporting the following applications and services would be beneficial:
- Active Directory
- FTP or other protocols for transferring files
- Mail servers, free programs or knowledge in Exchange, an understanding of how mail flow works is ideal
- Basic hardware knowledge i.e - what is in a server - CPU, MEMORY, HARDDISK/SSDs, What raid controllers are?
What’s the earning potential?
- We offer a salary of £18-26k depending on experience
What are my working hours?
This role will cover a shift pattern to include 5 days covering shifts of 8-5, 9-6 or 11-8 between Monday-Sunday. This role also covers night shifts on a rolling rota basis.
What benefits are on offer?
- Award-winning training and education centre with five full-time teachers who help you obtain accreditations, develop and learn
- Table tennis and pool tables to play all day, every day!
- Computer game area – so get your game faces on
- Crèche on site – bring your little ones into work
- Gymnasium – great way to keep in shape
- Free kettle bells, pyramid, spinning classes and circuit training
- Football/netball/running clubs
- Steam room to relax
- Monthly pub quizzes - friends and family can also come along
- Birthdays off as a paid holiday
- Free fruit delivered fresh to the office daily
- Bar – free drinks on a Friday afternoon!
- An extra week holiday when you get married after 1 years' service
- Recording studio
- Onsite parking
- Summer BBQs at the founder’s home
- UKFest – our yearly festival with live bands, free food and drink for the entire company, friends and family. The event is described as a mini-Glastonbury with over 1000 expected to attend in 2016
- Regular cinema nights and LAN parties
- Private BUPA healthcare cover after 1 years' service
- Team building experiences climbing Snowdon
- Family days out to Chester Zoo
- Full paid maternity leave for first 16 weeks and full paid paternity leave for 2 weeks after 2 years' service
- Friends and family open days where people related to the company come over to eat and drink with us at Christmas
- Referral scheme in which you can earn up to £500 for referring superstars to join the business
- Future plans to have dog kennels for all you dog lovers
- Plans for a Share Scheme for the entire business to make people feel rewarded and connected
- Planned Pension Scheme with significantly higher matched contribution
- £4000 bonus to anyone who designs a new software deemed to be useful to the business
- Reward trips to amazing places such as Vegas or skiing to Switzerland!
- Top performers achieve VIP parking
- We’re also big believers in rewarding commitment, so you get £1k after 5 years with us and an amazing £10k bonus after 10 years in the family