We are looking for a Team Lead Java Development. Someone who can share their knowledge, introduce best practices, guide their teammates and coordinate work. We need a Team Lead Java Development who can envision the full potential of our platform and strive to improve our teams to deliver. We want a champion and a forward thinker, someone who knows the value of the agile software development methodology. A Team Lead Java Development who can liaise with all sides of the business to get the best results.
Who we are
Altus Analytics, a business of Altus Group, is the leading global technology partner to the commercial real estate industry and is poised for significant growth and expansion over the next three years.
Altus Analytics brings together the collective expertise of ARGUS and Voyanta as the leading provider of Commercial Real Estate (CRE) solutions worldwide. Our technology and industry expertise empower CRE clients and partners to work collaboratively to enhance decision making, drive performance and optimise transactional efficiency. From property budgeting, making strategic decisions about acquisitions or working with different teams, different organisations and different data, we can bring it all together.
Who are you and how will your career here grow?
You are a Back End Java Developer who thrives in a fast-moving tech world where the work changes daily. You want to step up into a Lead role or have been operating as one but want to move beyond churning out small fixes and simple repetitive code. You want to be involved in the direction of the product and the company. You believe in a collaborative approach and you want to use cutting-edge technology to solve complex problems. You are looking for an opportunity to define your career path and grow with us as we rapidly expand.
Here’s what our Team Lead Java Development will do:
- Lead. You will lead the team as a SCRUM Master to help the team deliver their sprint goals. You will provide support and training in best practices to junior Backend engineers. You will have line management responsibilities and be involved in interviewing candidates to bring into your team.
- Produce. You will produce quality coding of advanced features and fixes for our platform.
- Execute. You will work independently and as part of a team on the full lifecycle development of advanced cloud based systems. From brainstorming and technical design through to architecting, programming and unit testing.
- Perfect. You will carry out code reviews ensuring we maintain and improve our standards.
- Innovate. You will conduct research and actively contribute new ideas, tools, and methodologies to our design and development process.
- Keep up. You will work hard and fast with a group of the best developers around. And you will love it.
- Implement. You will establish best practices for backend coding, maintain high code quality and drive processes to enable efficient development and delivery of code.
- Collaborate. You will actively participate in team meetings; set and meet sprint deliverables; and, work alongside the automation team and product management team to resolve all issues as efficiently as possible.
Who are you?
- A university graduate. You have a Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related discipline.
- An experienced Back End Java Developer. You have experience working in Java (most recently Java 8), Spring, and Hibernate as well as MySQL, Jenkins, git and Maven. Bonus points if you have hands on experience with: ElasticSearch, Amazon Web Services, Backbone.js and/or jQuery.js.
- A contributor. You are results-driven, with initiative, and highly capable of meeting deadlines. You are company-focused, and self-motivated.
- Well-rounded. You have exposure to multiple products, technologies and tools. You have a range of designing and developing infrastructure and frameworks for an enterprise organization. You are able to offer guidance and advice based on deep knowledge of automation testing techniques and tools.
- A research geek. You enjoy researching new methods and clearly presenting reasoning for alternate technologies or processes.
- Methodical, analytical, and detail oriented. You are a logical thinker; yet you are incredibly adept at thinking of all possible answers. You love the meticulous nature of going through every aspect of a product, every line of code, to ensure we are only releasing the best.
- An outstanding communicator. You have superior communication skills. You are concise, on point, and effective. You know how to listen and how to be heard. You are able to communicate both user requirements and technical details clearly across the team.
- An innovative problem-solver. You are flexible, but process-focused and you know how to balance urgency with long-term payoff. You are on a continuous search for improvements. You are never in a panic but you know how to get work done quickly, and accurately. The integrity of test results is your priority.
- A self-starter. You are a fast learner who can come up to speed quickly on our solutions and processes. You have the initiative to establish practices to build a high quality automation team.
Need any more reasons to want to work with us?
As we continue to grow, the possibilities for the people that join Altus Analytics are significant. From professional growth to innovation to collaboration we are committed to continuing to foster the right environment to help our people realise their full potential. We give our people the freedom and responsibility to take charge of their career path, bring new ideas to the forefront and work on critical projects that will shape the success of our clients.
We thank you in advance for taking the time to learn more about what makes Altus Analytics a great place to grow your career and do some of your best work. Apply now, refer a friend or stay on top of what’s new by following us on LinkedIn.
Altus Group is committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible environment where employees feel valued and respected, and where every employee has the opportunity to realize their potential. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations, if required, and will work with you to meet your needs.