iOS Tech Team Lead required to work with our newly promoted Engineering Manager on the iOS team to continue to deliver amazing features and brand new apps!
Who are AppFactory you ask...?
AF is a team of passionate app designers, developers and testers that builds features for new and existing apps on iOS and Android platforms for the PhotoBox Group. In 2014, we brought the Moonpig.com apps in-house. Today, we are embarking on further expansion to deliver apps as part of the group’s ambitious development roadmap.
As an AppFactory technical team lead you will be expected to take ownership for delivery and support of features and projects that you and your team are working on to create compelling app experiences for our customers.
You will be responsible for ensuring your team design and develop software efficiently to a high standard using best practices such as Test Driven Development and Continuous Integration. And you understand the importance of developing, mentoring and expanding engineering talent within your team and have had experience of doing so in the past.
To be successful, you’ll need a passion for developing apps with a real customer focus, wanting each and every one of our customers to be delighted with the features produced by the team. You’ll have strong technical abilities, be a great communicator and be able to self-organise and achieve results in a fast-paced environment.
You’ll have a strong track record of capturing requirements through collaboration, and a proven ability to produce high-quality, maintainable and reusable software within an Agile team.
This is a hands-on role: you should expect to spend at least 50% of your time writing code, or working with others on your team directly contributing to the production of code. The other 50% of your time will be spent working on planning and strategy for architecture and product requirements as well as the day-to-day people management and development required of a high-performing and successful team.
Required Skills & Qualifications
- Experience leading a team technically and ensuring best practice is adopted.
- Experience with and an understanding of line management responsibility for a technical team
- Experience interviewing developer candidates.
- Proven communication and leadership skills. Knows what it takes to motivate and inspire other developers and testers to create beautiful high quality apps delivering the best business value to the organisation.
- Can demonstrate experience of driving consensus towards the best outcome for the organisation.
- Deep understanding of quality and what that looks like in a team that builds apps used by millions of users.
- Significant technical experience and a proven track record of architectural ownership and understanding
- Experience working with other team members to turn product requirements into well-written stories.
- Proven track record delivering apps in a multi-disciplined Agile development team.
- In-depth hands-on development experience developing high quality testable code using Swift, Objective C, and iOS.
- Demonstrable problem-solving skills.
- Proficient with making network requests to RESTful APIs.
Preferred Skills & Qualifications
- Familiarity with build automation pipelines and continuous delivery culture.
- Experience with designing RESTful APIs suitable for mobile as well as working with OAuth authentication.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or similar
- Experience developing eCommerce apps for retail, working with personalisation, photo or printing technology a bonus.
- Experience working with software development tools including Git, Jira and Confluence.
- Experience with writing UI Automation scripts using Appium.
- Experience with using Interface Builder and adaptive layout for universal apps.
- Experience with Continuous Integration tools including Fastlane, TeamCity and Xcode Server.
What can AppFactory offer you?
- Salary and bonus
- 25 days annual leave
- Contributory pension scheme
- Private medical aid scheme
- Individual training budget
- Season ticket loan scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- World Vision child sponsorship paid on your behalf
- Moonpig account loaded with credit to spend each year
- An opportunity to be surrounded by brilliant, talented and fun teams across the whole business where inspiration (and a little bit of crazy) is encouraged
- Working with cutting-edge technologies on a product with an ambitious and exciting roadmap
- A newly refurbished office based in London SE1 location in Southwark close to Waterloo and London Bridge, near to Borough Market and the Tate Modern.
- Oh…. and we have a table tennis table in one of the meeting rooms, a Nespresso machine in the kitchen, and monthly birthday cake/beer.
You MUST be eligible to live and work in the UK to be considered for this role