The FX eTrading technology team own a myriad of GUI assets tailored for traders, client management, and production support staff, which must remain available 24x5.5 across global trading hubs.
The role will include renovating existing legacy assets and building modular replacements to improve user experience and time to market.
Skills and Experience
The successful developer should possess the following:
• Extensive C# and WPF programming experience focussed on building highly optimised GUI’s
• Extensive Java programming with experience focussed on distributed and resilient service design.
• Full-stack modern web development.
• Client focussed with experience delivering solution for demanding front-office users.
• Familiar with sell-side electronic trading.
Markets Technology is a front to back group that works closely with our Markets businesses to design and implement technology solutions that achieve our challenging business and technical goals. This makes the group an exciting and fast-paced environment to work in. As a franchise, Citi’s market penetration is second to none, across asset class and across geographical boundary, making it a truly unique place to work.
The focus is changing within Markets technology at Citi. There is a commitment and drive to invest in building a common cross asset platform for electronic trading over the coming years. This particular role is within the FXLM group, with a primary focus of delivering to the FX eTrading business, but in addition there is an expectation that the successful candidate will also be involved in broad Markets initiatives, in support of the move to common.
Specifically, this hands-on architect will be part of a team which is responsible for functional areas within the FX eTrading and distribution development group. For example, high-speed tailored price construction, low latency distribution, while adhering to rigorous operational constraints. The key goal is to enhance our electronic trading competitiveness across FX cash globally.
As a seasoned full stack developer, you will have the opportunity to:
• Gain insight into the Front Office software development environment
• Be involved in project from successful pilot to full-scale rollout
• Liaise with UX experts across the bank.
• Extend the project (new features, enhancing existing) and define the strategic longer-term technical direction
• Work closely with Front Office colleagues across multiple locations and business lines
• Collaborate with senior technologists across the Markets Technology group.
• Educated to bachelors degree level or equivalent
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Good verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to interact professionally with senior management
• Experience/understanding of FX cash markets and electronic trading is a distinct advantage
• Ability to work under pressure in a fluid and demanding environment is essential
• Experience building, and operating, greenfield distributed electronic trading platforms.
• Extensive experience with modern web frameworks in delivering a user experience tailored for expert users.
• Experience developing with various middleware products and protocols.
Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience.
Demonstrates an appreciation of a diverse workforce. Appreciates differences in style or perspective and uses differences to add value to decisions or actions and organisational success.