Come and help us transform the way cities are planned, built and managed.
Why join us
We’re a small team with a clear growth trajectory, so you’ll be getting in on the ground floor of an exciting and dynamic startup. You’ll be working alongside smart and driven computational urban modellers who are passionate about applying technology to solve the biggest problems facing cities.
We’re looking for an experienced data scientist who alongside our team of urban system scientists, can help extend our integrated modelling platform which we will be scaling for use by hundreds of public and private sector organisations.
What you’ll get up to
- Automate the collection, cleaning and processing of data to feed our hungry platform
- Mine and develop data-driven computational models
- Design and optimise our machine learning techniques
Why you’ll win
You combine a strong background in predictive analytics and machine learning with hands-on experience in the manipulation and statistical analysis of large datasets. You enjoy working as part of a team and are an effective communicator. You are keen on sharing best practices, and continuously learning.
You are great at:
- Developing data-driven predictive models using supervised learning and/or regression analysis
- Designing, implementing and extending methods to optimise and validate predictive models
- Combining/fusing data from various sources using SQL/Non-SQL databases and developing automated collection and cleaning tools
You are familiar with:
- The underlying theoretical concepts of the statistical and mathematical methods that you use
- Spatial data structures and algorithms
- R or Matlab and at least one of the following programming languages (Java, C++, Python)
- Experience with large spatio-temporal datasets
- Experience with data-scraping
- Bayesian machine learning / Gaussian processes
Salary negotiable, dependent on experience