Crowdsurfer (www.crowdsurfer.com) is building the world’s richest data analytics service for the multi-billion dollar crowd finance industry. We help organisations understand and react to crowd finance by supplying rich data analytics. We do it because we believe that crowd finance has the power to make the world a better place.
To implement this vision, we’ve built a bleeding edge data engine, which has enabled us to continuously gather all of world’s publicly available crowd finance information in one place. Next up, we’re focusing on adding more cleverness in monitoring and enhancing the data. This is where you come in.
We're looking for a smart, highly motivated person to join us as a Data Engineer. Ideally you'll have a Computer Science background, but it’s not essential, as long as you're clever, numerate and hungry. You’ll be working closely with the senior Data Engineer to maintain and extend the data engine, using asynchronous Python 3. As we aim to have all our internal systems managed by web interfaces you’ll also have the opportunity to work with AngularJS.
If you’re a quick learner and think you have the creativity required to keep us one step ahead in the fast-moving world of crowd finance, keep reading!
What you'll be doing
- Developing code to gather, transform and maintain data
- Integrating new data feeds
- Working with the senior Data Engineer to identify opportunities for optimisation or automation
- Building internal data management and monitoring tools
- Developing in rapid cycles, following a lean approach of fast iteration
- Expert in Python
- Experience with in MongoDB or other NoSQL-type database
- Experience of data gathering and analysis
- Ability to work in a team
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Fluent English (verbal and written)
- No minimum qualification, but likely to suit a Masters/PhD graduate.
What we offer
- Tax efficient share options
- Flexibility in what hours you work
- 25 holiday days in addition to public holidays
- A positive culture of working to a high standard, constant improvement and enjoying what we do
- Potential for adding the highly-sought AngularJS, Django, AWS and Elasticsearch skills to your CV
- Accountability and autonomy and an opportunity to expand your skillset and make your mark - everyone’s view counts in a small company
- We can sponsor a work visa
- 50:50 male/female team (including management)
Our little perks
We’re a startup so we have little perks that make us a bit special:
- Flexible working hours
- Our walls are chalkboards. It seemed like a good idea at the time.
- Informal dress code
- Chill out on our beanbag, or the pilates ball, or the fancy chairs outside when you want peace and quiet
- We take little company outings to do cool things - being in Cambridge means regular punting outings!