viagogo – The Ticket Marketplace are looking to hire a talented and enthusiastic Android Developer with good knowledge of Native Android Application development for their London office. If you are passionate about new technology and working alongside some of the best and brightest then we are the company for you
We currently have a team that boasts some of the best and brightest across Mobile and Web development. We pride our self on working with the latest technologies and our passion and commitment to application development. We seek enthusiastic and passionate developers keen to further their careers.
What we are looking for:
- You’re a smart developer who can write clean, tested, reusable code.
- You can show innovation in the apps you craft and the solutions you create.
- Android is a passion, something you love. Providing a fantastic user experience is something you live for.
- You have a solid knowledge of the Android SDK and know how to use it to it’s potential and bend it to go beyond that.
- Java is what you are building on top of and you use the principals of OOD everyday to craft clean solutions.
- Deadlines are an opportunity and you can stay cool and calm when the pressure gets turned up.
- You know what it takes to make a great app irrespective of device or language (our apps are used around the globe
What you will be involved in:
- Using the latest frameworks. rxJava is at the core of the apps we create, as is Dagger.
- Work with a modular codebase, a mix of java and android libraries, built with gradle and proven with tests.
- Being challenged everyday to ‘make it better’ by improving the code, the UI, and the user experience.
- Working in an environment that enables you to get on with crafting beautiful solutions.
- Every step of the process involves the whole team, and you will be expected to have an opinion.
- Work as part of a small team of developers, currently 2 Android devs and 1 iOS devs, to build the best ticketing applications out there.
- Have a say in the way things are done, to make the apps better and the environment we work in
Skills and Experience:
- Minimum 1-2 years android experience
- Thorough understanding of design patterns
- Solid knowledge of android SDK, not just the basics Understands the fundamentals of what makes good app design and can show examples of this
- Can show examples of application architecture using modular design and extensible layouts
- Enthusiastic about Agile/Scrum/TDD development/SOLID/Software Craftsmanship
This is a fantastic opportunity for an Android Developer looking for a high impact position in a fast paced environment. If you are looking to grow and progress your career while having a direct impact on the business then we would like to hear from you.